Monday 29 February 2016

CV compairson

My CV

For this post I figured I would take my graduating CV and do a comparison to my current CV at the place I am working currently. I have been lucky enough to do a lot of very interesting roles whilst working in Estonia and have worked with a lot of interesting choreographers.

Below is my graduate CV that I would send to directors of companies whilst auditioning around Europe in hope of getting auditions for those particular companies. I think all in all I auditioned for approximately 12 different companies over my graduate year. I had some success with different companies but a lot of companies would tell you things like "you need more experience" which is not a very helpful to a graduating student who doesn't have much experience and needs a job to gain experience to begin with. a good thing about the school I graduated from is that we had a wide range of training in different styles of dance which has definitely helped me during my professional working time as it has given me an edge on other professional dancers who have not had such extensive training in other styles.


Lawrence Cameron Massie

Mobile: +44 (0) 7732011151 (UK)
Email: lawrencemassie@hotmail.co.uk

Date of Birth 06/12/91 Height 187cm
Nationality British Citizen Weight 70kg

Ballet Training
2005 - present: Elmhurst School for Dance in association with Birmingham Royal Ballet
2000 – 2005: The Arts Educational School, Tring Park
2003 - 2005:Royal Ballet School Mid Associate

Ballet Coaches
Desmond Kelly, Errol Pickford, Patrick Hinson, Irek Mukhamedov, Lee Robinson

Performance/stage experience

2010
Birmingham Royal Ballet: Cinderella: Cavalier (D. Bintley) Birmingham Hippodrome Birmingham Royal Ballet: Sleeping Beauty (Sir P. Wright) Birmingham Hippodrome
Sadlers Wells
Plymouth
Sunderland
Excellence Gala Birmingham Town Hall
Orpheus Suite (D.Bintley) Elmhurst School Theatre
Cafe Ole: Soloist (A. Garcia) Elmhurst School Theatre
Don Quixote: Grand pas de deux (Nureyev) Shrewsbury
2009
Elite Syncopations (K.MacMillan) Elmhurst School Theatre
Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra (E Pickford) Elmhurst School Theatre

2008
Royal Performance for HRH Prince of Wales Birmingham Town Hall

2000-2007
Annual performances at Elmhurst School for Dance Elmhurst School
Annual performance at Arts Educational School Markova Theatre
Irek Mukhamedov and Friends Gala London Coliseum
English National Ballet: Nutcracker (D.Deane) London Coliseum
English National Ballet: Swan Lake (D.Deane) Royal Albert Hall
National Youth Ballet (F.Freeman) (A. Dowson) Sadlers Wells

Other Dance Styles Studied:
Contemporary, Tap, Jazz, Flamenco, Character, Fencing

Other Skills:
Grade 8+ equivalent in Piano and Drums, Advanced IT skills, First Aid, Prefect (Elmhurst School 2009/2010), Grade 7 Certificate in Fencing.

References
Desmond Kelly: Elmhurst School for Dance, 249 Bristol Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 7UH
d.kelly@elmhurstdance.co.uk
Errol Pickford: Elmhurst School for Dance, 249 Bristol Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 7UH
e.pickford@elmhurstdance.co.uk




And below is my professional CV from Teater Vanemuine. I've been lucky enough to dance some good soloist roles whilst performing with this Theatre, whilst in house and touring. My favorite role to perform has definitely been Morris in "Midnight in Paris" as it was a completely new ballet and very technically difficult, which was a nice challenge.



Vanemuine CV

Lawrence Massie


IN VANEMUINE SINCE 2011


BALLETARTIST
Born6.12.1991, Great Britain


Education2005 – 2011 Elmhurst Dance School (Great Britain)

Roles in Vanemuine:
Morris – “Midnight in Paris (Michael Shannon, 2015),
Strawman / Prince - "SnowQueen" (Silas Stubbs, 2016)
Prince/Grand Pas - “Sleeping Beauty” Pär Isberg)
Adam – “Beauty and the Beast” (Silas Stubbs, 2013), 
Strauss - “Evening with Strauss” (Fabrice Gibert, 2012), 
Tchaikovsky’s „Nutcracker“ ( Pär Isberg, 2004/2011), 
“Casanova” (David Sonnenbluck, 2011), 
“Raymonda” (Jelena Pankova, 2013), 
Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s “Mary Poppins” (2011);  
“Onegin” (Vassili Medvedjev, 2007); 
“Carrrmen!” (Ruslan Stepanov, 2012); 
Moonlight Express” (Mare Tommingas), 





It has been interesting to compare both my graduating CV and my professional CV. I have been lucky enough to do a lot of roles whilst working professionally which I feel has taught me a lot as a performer and I hope to continue doing roles like I have been doing for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment