Tuesday 4 October 2016

Skype session with Adesola - 04/10/16


After coming off of my Skype session with Adesola and fellow BAPP students I thought I would blog straight away as everything is still digesting, but fresh in my mind.

The skype session was extremely useful. Before the session began I had a whole list of questions that I thought I wanted answering, but as time passed and we discussed at length more about the process of learning, those questions seemed to pale into insignificance. As I mentioned in my first blog post of this module, it's very easy to get wrapped up in your own world of BAPP and forget that there is a whole community of people who are in the same ship.

Something that really stuck with me from this skype call was the sense of community. The questions I had initially wanted answering were all based around SIG platforms, whats the best approach of creating these groups etc and it wasn't until Adesola pushed me to answer my own question, as apposed to relying on the answer from others, that I found the answers I was looking for. It wasn't until I used my own knowledge and experience to help a fellow BAPP student with an question that I understood that it wasn't so much the question he needed answering, it was the sense of community and reassurance that helped the most. That lead me to think that developing SIG groups and finding people who are interested in the same subjects that I am will be hugely beneficial to bounce ideas off of, share research methods and help with my own reassurance.

Adesola talked about 'trusting the process' and using 'different types of intelligence' to help us with our work and I definitely agree. If we already knew what we were going to learn about and had the answers to the questions we are asking.. What would we actually be learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment