Wednesday 16 March 2016

Task 2a: Reflective Practice

So time to start keeping a private journal huh? Not exactly sure how this will pan out for me but I am quite excited about the prospect. As the human brain apparently experiences approximately 50-70,000 thoughts a day.. it might be nice to try and put a few down on paper to reflect back on not only for the sake of my BAPP learning, but for personal enjoyment as well.

So where to begin? Any suggestions? I wonder if I'll end up writing in a different manner to how I write these blog posts. So far I have just been writing as I go and letting everything emerge onto the screen as it leaves my brain but I'm wondering if keeping a personal dairy will help me to become a better public blogger also? My current method of writing seems to be: get everything in my head onto paper as quickly as possible and then arrange it later. I guess only time will tell as my blogging continues.

I'm curious how my attitude towards BAPP will change as I become closer to deadlines or as I feel like I have written a particularly good blog post. Having somewhere to store thoughts throughout a good week or a bad week seems slightly daunting right now, but I think will be very rewarding to read either at the end of the month, or at the end of my whole BAPP course.

As someone who has never kept a diary throughout any point of my life, I am hoping that it is something I will stick with. The only real form of memory keeping I seem have is countless amounts of random photos. For me, I absolutely love stumbling across a photo and relaying in my brain how I felt at that moment, where I was in my life and what proceeded the event afterwards. I've often wondered just how amazing it would be to watch a movie of your own life.. has anyone else thought that too? Perhaps this journal/diary keeping will be the beginning of something I keep doing for the rest of my life, who knows.

I read Bens blog post about keeping a personal journal and completely agreed when he said "It feels strange to work on something that isn't initially for presentation however we are encouraged to use excerpts towards later modules." I think I will have to make an active effort to write regularly in my journal so I can track closely where it takes me throughout the upcoming months and when evaluating it in months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment